In general, you can express yourself freely as much as possible on SimpliCity. There are a few rules of use:
- Comments on SimpliCity are not anonymous. If you want to comment, you must provide your name and e-mail address on the required form.
- Comments must be on-topic. Only comments about blog content are allowed – any comment with publicity, promotional, political, partisan content or content that is unrelated to the city, its actions or its employees will be rejected.
- Comments must be respectful and follow the usual rules of courtesy and respect. We will not tolerate:
- Abusive, libellous, harassing, aggressive, homophobic, discriminatory, racist or sexist statements
- Personal attacks or invasions of privacy
- Vulgar, obscene or malicious language
- Typing in all caps (the equivalent of shouting)
- Advertising or promotional solicitations
- Promoting or discrediting a business, a product, a political party, its representatives or city authorities
- Responses to comments are deferred – they will appear 24 hours (one working day) after they are posted. Responses are published in French if the question was in French and in English if the question was in English.
- Comments are not reviewed by the blog team, but are moderated after publication.
- Responses to blog comments are moderated by the author of the blog post.
- If a comment is refused by a moderator, in part or in full, the signer will be contacted concerning the reasons for the refusal and asked to make changes if he or she still wants it to be published. After a second offense, we will no longer accept comments from that user.
Netiquette may be modified without notice.